Sunday, November 4, 2007

A Sunday Ride

Today I went riding with the Elmhurst Bicycle Club (www.elmhurstbicycling.org).  I don't get to ride with them too often and it's always great catching up with friends I see there.  I wish I didn't live so far from there so I could ride with them more.  They are just a great group of people.  Genuinely caring and very personable folks.

Temperature at ride start was 45F with 9mph winds.  We rode for 2.5 hours and got back just before 11:00am.  Temperature at ride end was 50F with 12mph winds.

This was my 3rd time on the bike in about 9 months and it felt great to be back in the saddle.  I felt a little stronger today than I thought I was going to be since I had so much time off the bike.  I'm hoping that my cycling legs come back and I have a good base formed by the time February comes around.

No comments: